Each year, the HR Technology Conference put on by LRP and programmed by industry luminary Bill Kutik gets better and better. By the looks of the agenda for 2012, it appears we are on track for the best conference, industry get-together and networking event we have ever had as a community. If you have not registered already, the time is now as the conference is proving to be the biggest and best ever.
A few of the sessions that have caught my eye as “No-Miss” sessions for 2012 are:
- The 6th Annual Talent Management panel – a bit of self-promotion here, but a session that I will be leading where we will showcase both large and mid-sized organizations who “show-off’ the latest thinking about where talent management is today and where it is going into the future. To get 4 divergent opinions from companies such as Walmart, Motorola, Merck and ETS-Lindgren all in one place with many different demographics of workers with different technologies deployed is unheard. A “can’t miss” session that can only be found at HR Technology Conference 2012.
- Four Seasons Deploys Workday – another great session with two speakers that are close to my heart; Mary Sullivan, a long time client from Four Seasons and Dave Duffield from Workday. Hear about how an organization has transformed their HR function leveraging technology from todays generation. Four Seasons has done it right and another story that will be important to send people from your team to; whether you use Workday or not.
- Mark Hurd, President of Oracle will be doing a general session “keynote” session at the HR Technology Conference 2012. Mark brings tremendous experience from leading HP for years to now being a key leader at Oracle crafting their vision and strategy for the future. Many of us are Oracle customers and as one of the leading technology vendors in the space, an amazing opportunity to hear from their leader at an event like HR Technology. This is another session that whether you use or believe in Oracle products, is a “can’t miss” as Mark truly understands where the world is today and how technology can make a difference.
- The “Ask The Experts” sessions with Josh Bersin, Thomas Otter, Naomi Lee Bloom, Lisa Rowan and myself are 5 hours that shouldn’t be missed as you plan for 2013 and beyond. These sessions alone are worth approximately $2500 and discussion and interaction that you will find at no other conference on the planet except this conference in Chicago.
- Kris Dunn will be leading a session on Collaboration 2.0 in the enterprise. This is a session that you should send someone from your organization to as leading practitioners will share their views on collaboration and support my claim that Workforce 2020 and Collaboration are a few of the biggest issues facing the HR function in the next half decade.
- Finally, the panel that Naomi Lee Bloom has put together entitled “Bringing HR Into The Cloud” highlights the top thinkers in the world of HR technology on one stage with a brilliant moderator tying together thoughts for you as to “why you should care about the cloud” and “what you should do to prepare and take advantage of the cloud”. This session, once again, has never been done before and will probably never be done again. A “can’t miss”, even after a night of networking (partying) the night before. The combination of Naomi combined with leaders such as Steve Miranda, Sanjay Poonen, Stan Swete, Mike Capone, John Wookey and Adam Rogers will definitely educate and entertain you even if a few too many “beverages” the night before.
Congratulations to Bill Kutik once again for putting together a conference agenda that continues to amaze, educate and reflect the best thinking in the world on where HR and Talent Management technology is today and where it is going into the future.
Now – YOU NEED TO GET THERE! This conference is RED HOT and most of the conference hotels are already sold out. A few tips for readers of this blog:
- You can still get a huge discount if you are an avid reader of this blog by registering for the conference here and entering code AVERBOOK to receive the lower rate for the event. This discount code is only good until Labor Day, Monday September 3rd – so register today! Register HERE!
- From a hotel standpoint, you should make reservations near the Hyatt Regency Chicago (a Knowledge Infusion customer) or the Chicago Hilton on Michigan Avenue. Both of these hotels are offer a “free shuttle” service to get to the conference itself and will save you significant time and money.
- The Knowledge Infusion booth will be unique, different and offer some exciting offers. Please plan to stop by and let us know you are in Chicago!
- Lastly, please let me know if you are attending and use the code AVERBOOK to register for access to our exclusive Knowledge Infusion party and “after-party” in Chicago in early October. I guarantee we will have a blast together and hope you can join us.
The time is now has been the theme Knowledge Infusion has been using in 2012 for organizations to stop procrastinating decisions around “cloud” computing, talent management and the impending changes around Workforce 2020. There is not a better conference on the planet to attend to prepare and even if it is not in your “budget”; I would beg, steal, borrow and plead that by attending this event, the value outstrips the cost in networking alone.
Email me at email@example.com if you will be attending HR Technology and would like to get together. As you can tell, I am pumped to be attending this event again and playing a key role in providing our entire community content and future thinking that will influence our market for years and years to come.
Register today, email me and don’t forget, follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/jasonaverbook for more conference updates and live “tweeting” from the event. Lets make this the best event we have ever attended as a community, and to do that, interaction and collaboration will be key.
See you in Chicago. Another infusion of knowledge…